Sunday, February 14, 2010

SOLO Thelonious

Here is some music from my favorite jazz musician, Thelonious Monk. I love all of his stuff, but I find his solo work to be the MOST wonderful. I think it is both easy and hard to comprehend, but most of all, fun and relaxing to listen to. Here is a video I found of his solo work online, playing "Everything Happens to Me." My favorite song of his is "Smoke Gets In Your Eyes," off of his Monk, Alone in Paris album, which is easy to stream off of www.deezer.fr for free. Anyway, listen to the Monk and relax!



1 comment:

  1. I listened to that piece and I really really enjoyed it. It's simplistic yet complicated at the same time. It's interesting to hear this type of jazz when all of the other musical elements are stripped away and you're left only with the piano. Like you said, this is a very relaxing song. I'm a fan.

    ReplyDelete